16 January 2011

January

So it is January, I can't even remember the last time I wrote, probably not for some time because I am not doing anything much interesting to write about. I am just working, that is all I do. And now it has started raining properly again, more and more rain, it is very dreary. Last week I managed to melt plastic in the dishwasher - it turns out that not all plastic should go in the dishwasher. I needed that stuff, but I've sorted it now so no worries. What's worse is that this week while I was quickly using the microscope I managed to knock my slide box off of the desk, and it was open, and all of my microscope slides fell out and smashed. That's not so good. But luckily today it stopped raining long enough for me to go to the aquarium, which is technically work but seems like a break.

 An anenome
 A scorpion fish
 Crayfish
 And a tunicate, which is really interesting because it is actually a chordate, so it does not look like an animal but is more closely related to us than, say, a crab, or a worm. And all of that is interesting because I am a scientist, and I like all sorts of facts.

 And since I have no interesting things to write about lately, no travels, not even much in the way of funny stories because I just am working so much, instead I will tell you that I baked delicious biscuits on wednesday, tonight I am baking banana cake. And my biscuit recipe? Well they were my classic, world famous (in my world that is) chocolate chippie biscuits, and since I am not longer there to bake them for everybody, here is my recipe:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Cream 125 grams of butter with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar. When it is light and fluffy, beat in 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 egg.

So next sift into the mixture 1 and 3/4 cups of plain flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon cocoa powder. Mix well and then stir in 200 grams of chopped chocolate.

Roll the mixture into balls, press lightly onto an oven tray and bake for 10 minutes.

And enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment