03 January 2010

Happy 2010

Isn't it strange that it is a whole New Year. What is even weirder is that when I got to work on Thursday, about 11am, it was already the New Year in NZ. Talk about time travel.

The New Year has not done much for Galway other than make it colder. It is so frosty today that the ground has all those little leafy patterns all over it from the ice. I am nice and warm in the lab, but the barnacles have stopped producing embryos so I guess they are feeling the cold as well.

Over the next few days I have to stop procrastinating and start packing. Surely it will not be too hard, I only arrived 2 months ago with a couple of suitcases. So I can't have that much stuff to pack up, right? I really hope not. It seems like a lot, but a part of that might just be because instead of putting things away I have been letting stuff pile up. And not only do I have to pack but I have to clean, ugh. It is Sunday today so I have today, and then 3 more days, and then I am leaving. It sounds like a lot I know but it will end up creeping up on me I'm sure.

And instead of the practical sort of planning that I should be doing like packing and things, I have been doing the other sort of planning, where you look at travel books and websites and get excited about all the things you want to go see. Of course work in Vienna will be beginning right away and probably be really full-on. I will just have to make the most of the weekends I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment